Custom Search

Dazed and Confused - Salto, Uruguay


I'm not kidding - I finally arrived to the set of that famed movie Dazed and Confused, but with Spanish dubbing. It was nothing short of impressionable. On a Friday night my friends and I showed up at 12:30 a.m. to a festival-like atmosphere next to the city's river.

The styles of clothing, haircuts, and general milling around of people in an open space out in the country; the 1960-70's cars with the lights left on with groups of friends hanging out listening to music, drinking, smoking, and enjoying the night. It all equalled: where was my Milla Jovavich? The Costa de la Norte of Salto goes off every weekend night.

Kids park their cars and down beers until 3am, until they either enter the disco or remain outside until (a reported) 12 noon. If only we had this place back in States still.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

interesting blog