Custom Search

Where Bars are Post Offices and More



Uruguay is a land where in a small town, like Canelone' Estacion Pedrera, its grocery store acts as the town's post office and bar/saloon at the same time. Time has stood still here it feels...or maybe progressed - but from what I don't know.

My friend (female) and I walked toward the building. "We" walked in, then noticed that I no longer had a buddy with me. I hopped out of the grocery store/bar/post office and she let me know that it's not thought of as very womanly to enter the establishment. Whoa, or 'doh' (as I have newly learned to write).

2 comments:

dina yael said...

I like your blog, to see things through your eyes and love Uruguay.
Thanks!

dina yael said...

I like your blog!
See things through your eyes and rediscover Uruguay again and again.
Thanks!